There’s a wall, who wants to paint? The wall is a curated project situated in the park and will be worked on throughout the four weeks. To get involved, please submit a proposal for a piece directly to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday August 9th 2013, 5pm. Submissions will be chosen on or before August 16th.
- This wall is in a temporary pop-up park which will only be there for one month, from August 22nd to Sept 22nd. Your work will be present on this wall for as little as 1 week, but for 1 month absolute max. No exceptions.
- This is a social and creative endeavour, operating primarily on gift economy strategies. There is no budget, no payment, no logos in the space, no advertising, nothing political.
- The curatorial team will be dealing with all submissions and organisation relating to graffiti art and street art in the park, but there are other ways to get involved and we need help! So if you like the idea of volunteering, helping build stuff, doing workshops (these could incorporate your street art experience of course!), putting on a show, whatever, get in touch and I’ll re-direct you to the correct person.
About your submission:
- It cannot include branding or logos.
- Submissions which best represent the theme and ethos of the park/collective will be more successful, in terms of subject matter and treatment.
- You must have your own paints (we may be able to help with limited supplies, but as are just sourcing at the moment we don’t want to make promises).
- Let me know the specs: what’s the subject/theme? how big will it be? what colours will you use? what is your thinking behind your choices?
- Collaborations between artists are accepted, but please give a good overview of what you have in mind.
- For a full break down of the artistic submissions for the park, see http://upstart.ie/creatives/ (this is really for art installations rather than ‘graffiti / street’ stuff, but may give you more details than we can fit here).
- Please attach at least three images (/links to images) of your previous outdoor work.
- Please submit a proposal for a piece directly to email@example.com on or before Friday August 9th 2013, 5pm. Submissions will be chosen on or before August 16th.
- Only submissions which meet all these criteria will be considered and reviewed.